Saturday, September 04, 2010

My God you are my All in All

My God you are my Husband, my Comforter...my Friend.and no other can take your place..........

It is late here in my home, the little people are sleeping...Beth has just come home from Youth . There is an ambient glow from my fireplace as it warms up our favourite place to be in the world. How blessed and content I feel. The world is at turmoil outside my door,the bills mount up on my kitchen bench...but here...right now...tonight ....there is peace ..warmth....and safety here...but most of all my home is full of love.

I have just put a new song on my page " The Thief " by Brooke Fraser...I listen to the words. They wash over me, just as waves would gently dance on waters, that moments before ,were still.

It is in these times that I feel my Lord reaching out to gently ,tenderly touch my face. He reassures me that he loves me and as I look into his face, he looks straight through me,into my very heart . He is a gentle loving God who knows me intimately..he knows me better then I know myself. His look consumes my very heart and soul....he knew me before I ever even spoke a word to him..He sings me to sleep...He ruins me with secrets, speaking to me through sonnets and books...he looks through my window as I lay...the key to my heart fits in his hand....he is breaking into my heart and I.....I am letting him.........His eyes are full,.... full of the future of us...him and I ....I am his Bride and he is my Bridegroom...my eyes are full of love for him.He speaks to me of a time to come...he speaks his love to my heart and I recognise his voice..I have been here with him before. How I want to stay here Lord, let not this feeling leave me...let not your presence leave me...for you are all I want in this world...only you can satisfy.

Your eyes are full..full of the future of us.......it is as if.....I knew you before we spoke...do our hearts know something we dont.You are ruining me , with secrets and gestures and looks, playing the chords with me that nobody else knew how to play...Your breaking into my heart...and I 'm letting you...I love you Lord.....but you are ruining me for this world....how I long to be with you...when my work here is done ,I will see you face to face and I will finally see you as you truly are... ..

Here is Brooke Frasers song "The Thief"

No comments: