Saturday, September 04, 2010

If you suicide ,can you still go to heaven????

The answer is a definite yes.... but, God will still judge the heart of the person.

How do I know ?

My uncle took his life and my mum and I found him in the car,still running. My initial thought was oh no, he is lost. I was only a new christian at the time and I realised I had not told him about the gospel because I didnt want him to think I was a fruit cake(foolish). He was a famous local footballer and very cool. He was also older then me and my uncle.

Anyway I felt I had let him down and as a result he had gone to hell

BUT MY GOD SHOWED ME OTHERWISE........

A few days after his death we were cleaning out his cupboard and I came across a newspaper clipping that had in large writing on the front page.....

I THINK GODS A PRETTY GOOD BLOKE ( guy)

It was an interview with my uncle and a big picture of him on the front with his head bandaged

It talked about an injury my uncle had , suffering a fractured skull in his footy match.

My uncle told the interviewer how he called out to God to give him back his sight,

as he was due to be married in 5 weeks time.(He had instantly gone blind from the injury)

He told the reporter that he thought God was a pretty good bloke as he had answered his prayer.... and here his testimony was full page on the first page of our local paper.

Later that day , after finding that newspaper clipping ..God made it really clear to me...that if my uncle had called out to the LOrd when he was losing his sight.. how much more would he have called out to God when, this time ,he was preparing to take his life.

It was verified in a scripture the Lord gave me and this verse is now engraved on a plaque on his grave.....Psalm 116:2-7

He listens to me every time I call to him.

The danger of death was all around me, the horrors of the grave closed in on me:

I was filled with fear and anxiety

Then I called out to the Lord,

"I beg you ,Save me Lord!"

The Lord is merciful and good: our God is compassionate.

The Lord protects the helpless:when I was in danger, he saved me.

Be confident my heart,because the Lord has been good to me.

I know my uncle is in heaven now praising with the angels... I know because he called on the name on the Lord .......Our God Truly Is An Awesome God!!!!

Don't ever judge suicide.. because God always looks at the heart . He extended his grace, love and mercy to my uncle, John, as he does to every single one of us.

MY GOD IS GOOD.... ALL THE TIME.......ALL THE TIME .. MY GOD IS GOOD!!!!

Photobucket

I LOVED READING THIS BOOK BY PHILIP YANCEY"WHATS SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE"
ITS AVAILABLE THROUGH AMAZON THROUGH THIS LINK.....

No comments: