Saturday, September 04, 2010

Its really possible to break free from our pain..

I have just been watching a myspace video of the Dixie Chicks singing Patty Griffins infamous song"Top of the World".

As I watched the song I couldnt help thinking of my own father and the huge responsibility men have in their hands.

If you have read any of my previous blogs you may have realised my less then perfect childhood.

My Father was definetly not the Father, God had called him to be.He made many mistakes and messed up many lives.

Tonight I look at him in yet another light.

I look on him as a young boy and I wonder what that young boy was like. What damage was caused to him at an early age?

There is surely some deep dark horror that must have showed itself to him when he was a young man. I doubt that Dad has ever truly loved himself and to this day probably has never even questioned his childhood pain.

When I was young he was the strong one ,in total control, he ruled with a violent temper and yet this same man in a torrential downpour one night, ran out to save some sparrows on our front lawn whom were being pelted by the driving rain. He got a box with blankets inside and placed them in the laundry until morning. When ,once dry , he released them back into freedom. Who was this man?

Its so strange ...my Dad is in his seventys and I do not know him...I do not know his past hurts and pains ...and I really do not know HIM.

To any men out there who may read this......Get to know your children, share with them your childhood, your good times and bad, let them get under your skin and let them get to know the real you...

We are all really just brothers and sisters, on this journey we call Life. Imagine if we dropped our pretense , our preconceived ideas, our expectations, our fears and just spoke to each other about our lives.

I am over with superficial talk, I am beginning to hate it...so much time is wasted as we go along with our polite hellos and how are you comments.

Most of us are in pain and we need each others help...we need to share each others burdens and not just merely whitewash them.

It is time to rise up.....we have all been through pain, this life promises us nothing less. It is time for us to find what it is in our own lives that we need to heal........and find an ointment for our ailment.

There is a time that this ointment may have to be applied by a trusted friend or family member....but there also comes a time when the healing must come, when you must take over the application of the ointment.

As you apply it , then comes the healing.

For me , there has been only one tried and tested healing ointment and that is the time spent with my Heavenly Father on my own in quiet times...when everyone else is sleeping and we are all alone.

It is then that he touches me deep with his healing balm, in places I could never go myself.

We all need help from others, in the beginning of our pain, when our wounds are raw and bleeding...but then we need to lift the burden from ourselves and from others and give it to Jesus.

As we give him all our hurts and pains , our broken dreams and scarred bodies , he promises us restoration....full healing........" For By His Stripes We Are Healed! ".

Lord may we forgive each other for the pain we inflict on each other through our unhealed hurts....

help us to come to you for complete healing.........

heal us from the pain of our childhood and in our lives as adults.

Give us the strength to STAND.

When all hell breaks loose around us ....help us to just STAND and know that you are The God who Heals us.

May we come to you, for you tell us in your word that you are the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega.....and that you who have started a good work in us, and you will be faithful to complete it.

Help us to be faithful to that call and to give you all our burdens.....For you tell us ....to cast our burdens , onto Jesus , for he cares for us

May we never take you for granted Lord, give us strength to bring it all to you and to just Stand despite our pain and that as we stand in your presence that healing will come. Amen

Written Thursday, October 11, 2007

No comments: