Saturday, September 04, 2010

God is totally head over heals in love with you!!

I just received the news that Rex Humbard Died .Have any of you heard of him?

Well I know who he is........I was about 7yrs old when I first watched him. His show was called "The Rex Humbard Show" and it came on the tv about 6.00am every Saturday morning just before "the super flying fun show'...any aussies over the age of 40 years may remember that show.(Trivia...Did you know that Rex Humbard did Elvis presleys funeral service.?....Elvis requested it that way)

My mum used to clean holiday units back then and she would take us children along with her. I would sit in front of the tele and watch the Rex Humbard show and feel God as I watched in awe.I was not from a christian family, and yet I loved the show and "Rex Humbard" stayed in my heart for many years.....or should I say in my spirit for many years.

Looking back , I can see how The Lord used his show to speak his words and his love straight to my heart. I was an innocent bystander unaware that there were seeds being sown so deep , that would bypass my brain and grow deep in my heart and spirit. I gave my life to The Lord at 21 years old.As we look back over our lives we can see the people who God had brought to us...with us being completely naive and unaware of what was happening.

I remember Sister Monica when I was around the similar age. She was a very old nun about 80years old and every little lunch she would walk through the playground on her way to church. I would love it when I got to hold her hand and when there wasn't many other children following her. We would go into church together, ever so quietly and with the greatest reverance.

We would stop just inside of the side door entrance of Saint Francis Xavier's Church in Wollongong.On entering we would stop at a life size statue of Jesus hanging on the cross.Sister Monica would bow down at his feet and then bring her lips to her hand(kissing) as she touched his wounds...

First on his feet and then each hand , next,his brow that was covered with the crown of thorns with big droplets of blood running down his forehead..and then she would kiss the wound in his side......I would look into her wrinkled face as big tears ran down her cheeks. The love that Sister Monica felt for her Lord was beautiful, and as a child , I would think to myself that I wanted to love Jesus the way Sister Monica loved Jesus......More seeds sewn from my God........

Through out my life there were countless other times that God would speak into my life through people or circumstances.....

and then at the age of 21 years old , my Nanna passed away............
Immediately I needed to know for sure about this place called Heaven.
One night I dreamed that I was walking in a botanical garden with one of my mums friends.......along the path we stopped at various statues of Jesus(Catholics know them as the stations of the cross). We stopped at a statue of Jesus carrying the cross. His hands outstretched towards me. I lent on his hand as I continued chatting and then something amazing happened...... The statues hand went from a cold cement feel to a warm , sweaty palm feel.......I turned around and looked into his grey cement eyes and instantly they turned a brilliant blue and he said "FOLLOW ME".........

I awoke in tears and still feeling his wet clammy hand upon mine I woke up my husband and told him too. He thought I was just dreaming and told me to go back to sleep as Anyerin(our baby) would be awake soon.

My life changed from that day forth....I searched and searched for God in Various churches .....and finally I walked into The Lighthouse Christian Centre in Wollongong .

A pastor by the name of Ezekial Choong was visiting and it was that Day that I gave my heart to Jesus. He asked us did we know for sure that if we died today that we would be sure to go to heaven...I questioned myself........I was hopeful..but how could I really be sure?..

I wasn't sure even Nanna was there. He told me that the bible says that if I receive Jesus into my heart and do my best to follow him all the days of my life ,that I would have that assurance........something inside me compelled me to go forward and pray that pray with him.

As I did that, something happened....I couldn't stop crying...I was a mess......the tears would not stop,and I did not know why. A lady next to me told me that God was washing my heart and healing me from the inside out......I didn't know much about that ...but I continued to sob the biggest tears ever.......

I now know that he was healing me from the inside out and continues to do the same everyday.

I think its amazing how God does not waste a thing.
Out of one ladies death( my beautiful Nanna) so much life has come. I now know Jesus and have received eternal life with him, my seven children, my mother, my great Aunty, my 2 nieces,and just recently my older sister. As well as the lives that my children have touched through their music ministry and friends.....some we may never hear about until we leave this world.

My God is an Awesome God and he will use everything to bring us closer to him ..Why??? because he desires us to fall in love with him...the way he has fallen in love with us.

I have never felt so truly loved in the way that he loves me ,as I just sit at his feet and talk to him about my day and my dreams and hopes. Telling him how much I love him and thanking him for all that he has done in my life.

Look back over your life today and recall to your mind when you could see God calling you closer to him.....it may have just been a simple song or a rainbow or a gentle breeze, but I am sure you have felt him...He loves you with an everlasting love and he will continue to woo you through his love for you ,until you fall in love with him and give him your whole heart.

Have a beautiful Sunday......Oh, just by chance its his day.....spend some time with him alone......He would love it......and you may just enjoy it too...I bet you will !

God bless Jewell xxxxx

( written Sunday, September 30, 2007 )

Photobucket

No comments: