Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Day in The Life Of Gertrude Part3)

A day in the life of Gertrude Part 3

On the way to school, Gerty turns to Bethy.
"Did you have brekky?" she asks.
"Yes I had a piece of bread." replies Beth.
Gerty shakes her head.

"I'm hungry". is heard from the back seat.
"You'll have to wait till you get home Benny." says Gerty.
"Have a nice day at school girls." says Gerty.
She prays over the letter as she watches her girls walk to the office to get yet another late note.

"I'm hungry Mum"....yep Benny again.
"O.k lets go home guys." says Gerty
Annie meets us at the door as he leaves to teach guitar. "Oh Mum", he says as he heads for the car.."I'll tell you more about Uranus when I get home".. "Ok Matey.. look forward to it " says Gerty....

"I'm hungry" says Benny.
"O.k", says Gerty..."listen to me you can have 1.Toast 2.weetbix 3.apple 4.yogurt 5.Watermelon"

"Have Watermelon" says James.
"JAMES I HATE THE SEEDS .GGRRR!.. JUST BE QUIET JAMES YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME." says Benny through clenched teeth.
"I love watermelon", says James."I spit out the seeds!!"

Photobucket

The phone rings. It is Gertys Aunt Beryl in QLD.

A SCUFFLE BREAKS OUT IN THE LOUNGEROOM

"Hi" , says Gerty, "its so nice of you to call.No..this isnt a bad time."

"MUM I AM HUNGRY.....NOW!!", demands Benny.
"What is he saying?", asks Beryl.
"Oh, he is hungry that's all",says Gerty.
"MUM I'M HUNGRY." stomps Benny

"I'm just on the phone Benny." replies Gerty
"I'M HUNGRY" shouts Benny.
"Get him something, I'll wait", says Beryl
"What do you want to eat?",says Gerty exhausted.

"I WANT JUNK FOOD." says Benny quietly.
"Did he say junk food?" enquires beryl.
"Yes" laughs Gerty.
"HERE BENNY TAKE THESE CHOCOLATES AND ENJOY!!" SAYS GERTY.
She finally gives in and buckles under the pressure.

All her good intentions for feeding her child a healthy breakfast goes out the door.(Note to self........always have a secret stash of chocolates for that day when you decide to give your children a good start to the day. HHHHEEELLLPPPP MMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Part 4 next

No comments: