Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Day In The Life Of Gertrude ( part 2 )

A day in the life of Gertrude part 2

SO where were we...thats right cutting up watermelon with designer yoghurt for dipping.Gerty greeted the little men Good morning and told them that brekky was on its way.She told them of the designer brekky.....
"I dont want watermelon, its got seeds" said master Benny.
"I like watermelon, I spit the seeds out!" said Master James.
One down thought Gerty.She gave James breakfast.

OOPS... Missy will be a wrinkled prune ...Gerty runs in and washes her hair.
"Mum!", Missy yells.."YOUR GETTING SHAMPOO IN MY EYES."
Gertrude holds her tongues quickly conditions and gets Missy out.

She runs ahead of Princess Missy to light the heater so Missy can dry herself off in comfort. Gerty lays out princess missys school clothes neatly on the lounge.
"I hate those undies!", says Missy.. "I want the ones with the bows....Nanna bought me ones with bows."
"O.k." says Gertrude, "I will get the ones with the bows for you",as she looks through the folding pile.
(*The folding pile is a very dangerous place...it has been said that some people become lost in that folding pile ,never to return.)

"I FOUND THEM, THE ONES WITH THE BOWS", cried Gertrude, as she stepped out of the pile. She felt that trumpets should have at least sounded at her marvelous feat!!!!!!!!

"Where are my jeans Mum?", asks Bethy. Bethy is now awake.
"Not sure", says Gerty, (Please dont send me back to the dreaded pile....thought Gerty)..."I think they are wet in the washing machine".
"AAWWW I need them for school today!!", replies Bethy.
"You'll have to put them in the dryer" said Gerty, "you still have time."
Bethy obeys and then heads for the shower.

"I'm hungry", says Benny."Your watermelons there" says Gerty.
"I dont want watermelon..its got seeds",says Benny.
A small voice is heard from the loungeroom it is James..
"I love seeds... I spit them out! "
DARJEVOU? Or is this just a new day...what day is it?, thought Gerty to herself
"I'm hungry" says Benny.
Well what do you want?" asks Gerty."You can have..1. toast 2.an apple 3.weetbix 4. yogurt 5.watermelon."
"None of those..I want something else", answers Benny.

Photobucket

Missy comes in for brekky. "Mum,Dont forget to write a letter to my teacher." says Missy.
Gerty gives missy her watermelon and ski yogurt and looks for a pen .
Textas, paperclips, crayons, red pens... aaarrggghhhh no blue or black pen.She sees one in the distance..... she reaches for it and starts writing....

Dear Mr V, Missy came home yesterday with tears in her eyes saying to me, Mummmy why did God make people unkind? She then burst into tears......etc............etc...............please allow her to sit next to Elise as I would like her school day memories to be pleasant ones. yours in christ, Gerty.

"I'm hungry!" says Benny. "Well what do you want?" asks Gerty patiently.

Annie awakes walks out bare chested."Mum did you hear about the closest star to uranus?" asks Annie.
"Not before breakfast Son", said Gerty.
"Go and have a shower!"

Annie half asleep walks toward the shower opens the door.....AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
"I'm in here!!" says Bethy.

Annie lies on Missys bed next to Buddy. Buddy the cat lives his life in pure luxury in this house and imagines that this is actually his house and we are his servants. He is also a little deluded in his thinking as he is convinced he is a small baby about 3 months old....needing to be carried everywhere.

"I'm hungry!"says Benny.
"Have watermelon", says James from the loungeroom.
"I DONT LIKE SEEDS!!!",scolds Benny.
"I LOVE SEEDS", says James, "I SPIT THEM OUT!!"

"Are my jeans dry mum?", pipes up Bethy .
"Check!"says Gerty .

"Mum ....I'm hungry!!" , Benny repeats himself again.
"What do you want to eat Ben?" says Gerty.

Bethy gets herself ready and finally we are ready for school.

"What about lunch?",says Bethy.
"Oops!", says Gerty as she asks them what they want.
"I will have a chicken sandwich", says Missy.
(A fresh Foul was bought last night for Missy for such an occasion)
"I will buy mine", announces Bethy.(Great thinks Gerty another one down )
Gerty pops popcorn, dices more watermelon and packs missys bag.... and off we go to school.

"What about my letter?" says Missy.
Oops!.... Gerty runs back to the kitchen and picks up the letter and places it in Missys zippered pocket.

"I'm hungry!",demands Benny.... "What do you want to eat Benny? You'll have to wait till we get home from school the girls are late." says Gertrude. Shelooks at the clock it says 9.25.....it is only 9.15 really but Gerty had wound the clock forward ten minutes in an attempt to be on time,but, alas, it doesnt seem to be working.

Finally we are really off to school...........................
Part 3 next

No comments: