Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Day In The Life Of Gertrude (part 1)



* Written as a letter to my Mum whilst she was in Saudi Arabia (written 2006)


ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD IN A FAR AWAY PLACE ...............THERE LIVED AN OLD WOMAN WHO LIVED IN A SHOE SHE HAD SO MANY CHILDREN... SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO.......
Photobucket


Once upon a time this woman, whom we shall call Gertrude, woke up. Well that was her first mistake! She had a big day ahead of her. She woke her young daughter missy. Her daughter responded wearily,"I don't want to go to school anymore".

Well, Gertrude had heard this phrase repeated many times ,from the lips of many children who were weary first thing in the morning.

"Come on up you get"said Gerty....."Could you write a letter asking my teacher if I could sit next to Elise from now on. That boy BJ who I am sitting next to hit me in the eye with a crayon yesterday and made me cry." said Missy. "Did you tell your teacher", Gerty asked. "Yes" said Missy, "he told me to go and wash my face and to settle down."..."Mummy will fix it" said Gertrude, as she ran Missy a shower.

Gerty took a deep breathe.

Now ..... she went into the kitchen and started dicing watermelon to serve with ski yoghurt( not yoplait or bruggenn yogurt ...it took many many days to hunt down the right brand , right flavour at the local bilo store)
Two little people come out of the bedroom, eyes big and bodies re-energised from their nights sleep in Gertys bed......In Gertys mind the theme to Jaws began to play....Dah... Dum...Dah..... Dum... getting faster and faster and louder and louder........DahDum..Dahdum Dahdum.....SHE KNEW HER DAY HAD BEGUN....SHE BEGAN TO PRAY....LORD GIVE ME ENERGY LORD ITS GONNA BE A LONG DAY...........

PART 2 NEXT....

No comments: